- US would be supplying Uranium to us till its wish or all commercial reactors are under its surveillance & not being used for weapon research
- The Singhbhum district (Bihar), West Khasi hills (Meghalaya), the Bhima Basin area (Gulbarga district of Karnataka), and the Yellapur- Peddagattu area of Nalgonda district (Andhra Pradesh)has good amount of uranium reserves to feed the reactors
- All 17 working civilian nuclear reactors have been operating at less than 40% of their rated capacity(as said by S K Jain, managing director of the Nuclear Power Corporation)
- So it means that we donot have enough tech to get the required raw material to feed the industry. Note: that US will not supply critical tech during its support.
- Now we cannot proceed on weapons during this support.
- So, is it worth to substitute the national security (though we are stable now) for nuclear prog?
- US cannot use its nuclear technology for itself as no state is ready to take the nuclear wastes.
- So it seems like what its going to get with this deal??? I think media and political parties should see this side.
Nuclear plants details:
|Location||Unit Namea||Capacity |
(net MWe) b
|Utilityc||Typed||Reactor Suppliere||Percent Completef||Expected / Actual Date of Operation|
|Kalpakkam, Tamil Nadu||Kalpakkam 1||155||NP||PHWR||DAE||100||07/1983|