Sunday, October 24, 2010

Self appraisal

A little boy went to a telephone booth which was at the cash counter of a store and dialed a number.
 
The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:
 
Boy : "Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?
 
Woman : (at the other end of the phone line) "I already have someone to cut my lawn."
 
Boy : "Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price than the person who cuts your lawn now."
 
Woman : I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.
 
Boy : (with more perseverance) "Lady, I'll even sweep the floor and the stairs of your house for free.
 
Woman : No, thank you.
 
With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver. The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.
 
Store Owner : "Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job."
 
Boy : "No thanks,
 
Store Owner : But you were really pleading for one.
 
Boy : No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady I was talking to!"
 

This is called
 
"Self Appraisal"

--- An Email i got this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment